those seeking part-time or full time employment in the security, law enforcement or criminal justice industries. Security guard positions are available in many businesses such as security agencies, retail, hospitals, banks, housing complexes and construction.
Our Security Guard course satisfies the classroom training requirements for the state of Connecticut Security Guard Identification Card. Public Act #04-192 (updated in Public Act #08-73) mandates that all state of Connecticut security guards complete an 8-hour training course for certification. Successful completion of this course will insure that the student is eligible for certification and prepared for employment in a rewarding field.
- Please note students should be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Students must bring a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID OR DRIVER"S LICENSE to class.
- Applicant's who have been convicted of a felony or sexual offense are not eligible for this training.
- Students must be on time for this class and participate all day as part of the State of CT training requirement.
- Short breaks will be taken and it is suggested that you bring a lunch.
- Students are responsible for reading and following the instructions in the Important Security Officer Instruction Packet.
- 1686-Security Officer- April 9 - Waterbury
- 1769-Security Officer- May 21 - Waterbury
- 7145-Security Officer - July 9 - Waterbury
Workforce Development and Continuing Education Registration Form
U.S. Mail: Naugatuck Valley Community College Non-credit Registration-F323 750 Chase Parkway Waterbury, CT 06708
Call: 203-575-8029 today to get registered!
Conveniently offered at our Waterbury Campus.