Foundation Student Support Resources
NVCC Foundation Student Support Resources
The NVCC Foundation is dedicated to supporting the needs of the college through fundraising and community outreach. The financial needs of the college cannot be met through tuition and state support alone; The Foundation works with the community and businesses to ensure our students have an opportunity to succeed in today’s workforce. Student support programs, funded through the Foundation include Scholarships, Emergency Fund, Student Food Pantry, Book Fund and various enrichment programs. The following list of programs supported by NVCC Foundation contains a link with additional details and information on how to apply for these support services.
The NVCC Foundation supports scholarships to help students stay in college and prepare them for careers. Applications for Foundation scholarships in STEM, Allied Health, Business, Liberal Arts and general scholarships that are awarded every May during Honors night are typically posted in February with a deadline late in March. Periodically the Foundation will receive additional funding for scholarships and will do their best to communicate those opportunities to qualified students. Please check back periodically for specific scholarship listings.
The NVCC Foundation’s Student Emergency Fund is a resource for NVCC students during times of extraordinary crisis. This emergency support program was established to help students address an urgent, one-time only, immediate need such as food, emergency shelter, transportation, utilities and medical expense. The intention of this modest pool of money is to support current and continuing NVCC students through an unexpected crisis so they can stay in college.
Please note: Applicants must use their NVCC email account to log in.
The Naugatuck Valley Student Food Pantry, which opened at the Waterbury campus in February 2018, serves Naugatuck Valley students struggling with food insecurity. The pantry is funded through the NVCC Foundation, which supports the mission of the College by promoting awareness of college needs and services while raising funds to support students and mission-related initiatives. Open to all students, the Naugatuck Valley Student Food Pantry includes the following initiatives at its Waterbury and Danbury campuses to support students facing food insecurity:
· Grocery Programs
- Waterbury Campus Grocery Program (Appointment Only):
- Students can place an online order twice a month for groceries.
- Grocery pick-up is confirmed by appointment only (no walk-ins) and orders must be placed online.
- Waterbury Campus Pick-Up Grocery Package Order Form
- Danbury Campus Grocery Program home delivery:
- Students currently enrolled at the Naugatuck Valley Danbury Campus are eligible to order a home delivery grocery package one time per month.
- The package will contain pre-selected items and all students will receive the same package.
- Danbury Campus Home Delivery Grocery Package Order Form
· Grab and Go Programs: On both the Waterbury and Danbury campuses, students can pick up grab and go snacks once a day during pantry hours.
· Gift Cards: Naugatuck Valley students who need additional resources are directed to the Development Office to obtain grocery gift cards.
· Diaper Bank:Naugatuck Valley students with children in diapers are eligible to receive disposable diapers once a week. Diapers are ordered through an online system and picked up by appointment. NVCC Diaper Request Form
The NVCC Foundation realizes that tuition is not the only financial burden students face. The more classes you take, the more books you need and the additional expenses may hinder students from completing their coursework. Together with generous donors and partners, the NVCC Foundation manages several Book Funds. Funding is only available the first few weeks of school so apply early.
Book Fund Applications for the Fall 2022 Semester are now available: