New Student Online Orientation
Welcome to Naugatuck Valley Community College! Whether you are a New, Transfer or Readmit student the New Student Online Orientation will provide you with information related to academic and campus resources as well as student support services that will help you acclimate to the college environment and get the most out of your college experience.
The deadline to complete New Student Online Orientation is as follows:
Fall 2023: Deadline to complete is September 22
Spring 2023: Deadline to complete is February 10
- We encourage all students to complete the full orientation prior to meeting with a Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor.
- The orientation takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete entirely.
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion sent to your college email upon completion of all sections and the feedback survey.
- Students who complete the orientation and feedback survey are automatically entered in a CT State Community College giveaway of various items including bookstore vouchers, swag bags and more.
- It is accessible through mobile, tablet, and computer devices.
- You can bookmark orientation lessons and take virtual notes.
- Ability to stop and go and pick up where you left off.
- Closed Captioning available in English and Spanish.
- Send questions in the Ask a Question box.
- Download and print your Certificate of Completion.
How to Begin:
- You will need to log into myCommNet prior to accessing the Online Orientation portal: myCommNet Net ID instructions, logging into myCommNet for the first time
- Have your myCommNet login information ready to sign into the New Student Online Orientation.
- You can sign-in to complete the 24-hours after being admitted to the college. Login instructions for CT State Community College - New Student Online Orientation
- Complete all lessons and feedback survey.
- Check your college email for your Certificate of Completion or download it from your Online Orientation dashboard.
Questions? Check out FAQ's
What are Your Next Steps?
Make sure that you have completed the steps below to access and complete the CT State Community College - New Student Online Orientation
- Complete the Admissions Application
- Upload your documents to Admissions to your Application Account
- Receive an email of Acceptance along with your Student Banner ID number
- Apply for Financial Aid(optional)
- Set up and log into your myCommNet account
- Complete your CT State Community College - New Student Online Orientation
After you have completed the CT State Community College - New Student Online Orientation follow the checklist below:
- Complete Your FAFSA & Check the Status of your Financial Aid Award
- Log into myCommNet to check the status of your Financial Aid
- Visit the Campus - Schedule a Campus Tour
- Meet with your Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor
- Transfer Students: Submit your Official College Transcript(s) for a Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Veteran Students: Meet with the Veteran Service Representative
- Register for Classes
- Print your Class Schedule
- Get your College ID
- Get your Textbooks
- Be prepared - Go to Class:
- Reach out to your professors, Guided Pathways (GP) Advisors, and student support/campus resources
- Manage your time
- Don’t procrastinate
- Connect with fellow students
- Stay healthy
- Go to class
- Be prepared
- Study smart
- Communicate with respect
- Take responsibility for your education