anyone wanting to operate a personal watercraft (Jet ski), a 65-ft. yacht, a sailboat over 19.5 feet or any other recreational motorized vessel in Connecticut waters. This safety training is mandated to obtain a Connecticut Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation.
At NVCC, we offer two convenient ways for you to get your certificate. Choose from:
- a one-day Saturday course on campus instructed by Current Boating Education.
- a two-night online option instructed by Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) Boating Division volunteers.
Our courses fulfill the requirements for the Connecticut Safe Boating/Personal Watercraft Certificate. Successful completion will allow the student to obtain a Connecticut Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation. Course fee does not include the one-time lifetime license fee. Prior to taking a boating class, each student must obtain a conservation number. See instruction under important information tab. Students should bring a pen or pencil to class.
U.S. Mail: Naugatuck Valley Community College Non-credit Registration-F323 750 Chase Parkway Waterbury, CT 06708
Call: 203-575-8029 today to get registered!
Conveniently offered at our Waterbury campus.
John J Purdy Jr.
Boating & Personal Watercraft, One Day Course
Boating & Personal Watercraft, 4-Evenings
Learn How to register on this page.
Degree and Certificate Credit Programs
Degree and Certificate Programs that also may be of interest to you:
- There are no degree or certificate programs related to boating available at this time.
- Prior to taking a boating class each student must create an account online and obtain a conservation number. Start here. Read, scroll to bottom of page and click the START button. Create an account, print the page that includes your Conservation ID number and bring it to class. After your course is completed, your score will be entered into the DEEP computerized tracking system using your Conservation ID number. This process may take up to a week. Next, you will return to the site and use your account to purchase and print your certificate.
- Textbooks and Educational Materials: No need to make a trip to the bookstore, all required textbooks, and materials will be provided in class and are included in the cost of the course.
- Refund Policy, Changes and Cancellations: Withdrawal and refund requests must be received three business days (72 hours) prior to the beginning of class unless stated otherwise in the course description. Refunds are not granted after this deadline. Telephone: 203-575-8029 Fax: 203-575-8243
- College closings due to inclement weather: Closings are announced over local AM/ FM radio/TV stations, on the college website (nv.edu), on the college’s main phone line (203-575-8000) and a text message is sent to everyone who is registered through the myCommNetAlert System. Likewise, in the event of an early closing, the same communication will occur. If the college has a delayed opening, all classes that begin before the delayed opening time will not be held that day and will be rescheduled at another time. Danbury and off-site cancellations: If NVCC cancels or delays classes, this applies to Waterbury and Danbury Campuses as well as all off-site locations.
- Nondiscrimination: Naugatuck Valley Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or genetic information in its programs and activities. In addition, the College does not discriminate in employment on the additional basis of veteran status or criminal record. The following individual has been designated to handle nondiscrimination policies regarding disability policies: Robert Divjak, Director of Facilities/Section 504/ADA Coordinator, Room C216, Naugatuck Valley Community College, 750 Chase Parkway, Waterbury, CT 06708; 203-575-8235. The following individual has been designated to handle nondiscrimination policies regarding sex discrimination as well as other forms of prohibited discrimination: Jacquie Swanson, Associate Director of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator, Room K704, Naugatuck Valley Community College, 750 Chase Parkway, Waterbury, CT 06708; 203-575-8043.
- Students with Special Needs-ADA: Students who may require academic adjustments on the basis of a disability are encouraged to contact the Counselor for Students with Disabilities (
Helpful Boating Links:
Call us: 203-575-8029 for information (Motorcycle registrations cannot be taken by phone)
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
New Secure Fillable Format Workforce Development and Continuing Education Registration Form
Fax: 203-575-8243 (secure line)
Mail and send with payment (checks or money order made out to NVCC only) to:
Office of Non-Credit Lifelong Learning Registration
Or stop by, we're happy to assist you!
Accepted Forms of Payment:
Money Orders or Checks
Mail-in registrations credit cards or checks only, Please do not mail cash!