Basic Life Support
This classroom-based course provides healthcare professionals training to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR to victims of all ages, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. Upon successful completion participants will receive an American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers card, valid for two years. 4.5 hours
Degree and Certificate Credit Programs
Degree and Certificate Programs that also may be of interest to you:
- Nursing R.N.
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- The textbook is included in the price of the class and will be provided in class.
Refund Policy, Changes and Cancellations
- Withdrawal and refund requests must be received three business days (72 hours) prior to the beginning of class unless stated otherwise in the course description. Refunds are not granted after this deadline. Telephone: 203-575-8029 Fax: 203-575-8243 Email:
- College closings due to inclement weather are announced over local AM/ FM radio/TV stations, on the college website (nv.edu), on the college’s main phone line (203-575-8000) and a text message is sent to everyone who is registered through the myCommNetAlert System. Likewise, in the event of an early closing, the same communication will occur. If the college has a delayed opening, all classes that begin before the delayed opening time will not be held that day and will be rescheduled at another time. Danbury and off-site cancellations: If NVCC cancels or delays classes, this applies to Waterbury and Danbury Campuses as well as all off-site locations.
Students with Special Needs - ADA
- Students with Special Needs-ADA: Students who may require academic adjustments on the basis of a disability are encouraged to contact the Counselor for Students with Disabilities (Terry Latella K519C) at the Waterbury and Danbury Campuses. After providing documentation and completing the disability disclosure process, students are then encouraged to meet with their instructor(s) to discuss the adjustments approved by the appropriate disabilities contact and to complete the Adjustments Agreement form. Students are therefore encouraged to meet with the Disabilities Counselor and their instructor(s) at the beginning of each semester. Adjustments are not retroactive. Instructors, in conjunction with appropriate college personnel, will provide assistance and/or adjustments only to those students who have completed the disability disclosure and academic adjustments process.
Call us: 203-575-8029 for information (Motorcycle registrations cannot be taken by phone)
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
New Secure Fillable Format Workforce Development and Continuing Education Registration Form
Fax: 203-575-8243 (secure line)
Mail and send with payment (checks or money order made out to NVCC only) to:
Office of Non-Credit Lifelong Learning Registration
Or stop by, we're happy to assist you!
Accepted Forms of Payment:
Money Orders or Checks
Mail-in registrations credit cards or checks only, Please do not mail cash!
Payment Plan Information
- Basic Life Support does not have a payment plan.