Financial aid awards are calculated for the academic year. (A new academic year begins every fall semester.) Each academic year, students must reapply for financial aid. Awards are recalculated each year based on information provided on that year’s FAFSA. Additionally, students must continue to make satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for financial aid.
The Financial Aid Office will coordinate the types of aid that you receive, apply that aid to registration fees, when appropriate, and authorize the aid on your student account. The aid is combined into a “Financial Aid Package.”
How do I know if my Financial Aid will pay for all my courses?
You will need to compare the amount of your award against the cost of tuition and fees for the semester. As long as the amount of your authorized financial aid or loan is higher than your account charges, you will not be dropped from your courses for non-payment. You are responsible for paying any portion of your bill that is NOT covered by your financial aid authorization or loan. Additionally, you will be held immediately responsible for full payment of the total balance due regardless of when the change occurs for the following reasons:
- If your financial aid is not awarded;
- If your financial aid authorization amount is lessened for any reason, including reducing your course load; or
- If your authorization is later rescinded.
If you are unable to adhere to the payment deadlines, contact the Bursar’s Office immediately to avoid being dropped and to make payment arrangements.
What if my Financial Aid is not complete when I register for courses?
- If you have not completed the full Financial Aid process and have not received your award by the time you register for courses then you must be prepared to make payments.
- If it is before the tuition due date, you will be required to cover the fees for courses to hold your classes. Once your Financial Aid is complete, you would receive a refund of your fees if your award covers the cost of your courses
- If it is after the tuition due date, you will be required to cover the entire cost of tuition and fees to hold your classes, or sign up for an installment plan. Once your Financial Aid is complete, you would receive a refund of your fees if your award covers the cost of your courses