Where to Eat
An array of restaurants are within walking distance of campus and a number of them offer discounts to NVCC students. New vending machines are also available on campus.
NVCC Student Food Pantry
ARE YOU IN NEED OF GROCERIES?
The NVCC Food Pantry is now offering home delivery of groceries for current Danbury campus students.
- Students currently enrolled at NVCC's Danbury Campus are eligible to order a home delivery grocery package one time per month.
- The package will contain pre-selected items.
- All students will get the same package.
- Someone 18 years of age must be available to receive the groceries.
- Once approved, you will receive an email confirmation with your chosen delivery day and time.
- Approval will be based on availability.
Where to study and about the libraryLocated on the second floor in D201, the ACE and Library offers fourteen computers, a collection of books for studying and lending while on campus. Students have access to free tutoring and third floors which can be reserved via the Administrative Office. The Danbury Public Library is also available across the street for quiet study use. There are a number of library services available to you when you’re working on your research and projects. Access any of the library's online articles and ebooks through myCommnet and clicking on the Library tab once you're logged in. Reserve textbooks are also available at the ACE/Multipurpose room on the 2nd floor. NVCC students can also borrow books at the Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) Library. The WCSU Library asks that you bring proof of current NVCC student status (such as a cashier's receipt) and complete their registration form the first time you visit. The Danbury Public Library is also available across the street for book lending and quiet study use.
Fall 2022 ACE/Library Hours of Operation
|Mon. - Thurs.: 8 am -10 pm|
|Friday: 8 am - 8 pm|
|Saturday: 8 am - 12 pm|
|*Librarian on duty: Mon. - Fri.,9:30 am - 5:00 pm|
Parking and Security
Free parking is available to registered students in the Terence E. McNally Patriot Garage, located at 21 Delay Street. All students are required to submit a request to park for the semester at the parking authority to
Identification cards are available for all registered students. Visit the Administrative Office for details. A security officer is on duty during Danbury Campus class times and business hours. Emergencies should be reported by calling 911.
Free Bus Service
All NVCC students enrolled in credit courses in Danbury are eligible for free, unlimited rides on HARTransit buses through the NVRides program. Passes are good for the entire semester and are available in the Administrative Offices of the Danbury Campus.
Weather-Related Campus Closings
The College makes the determination to shift to remote teaching, learning, and working as early as possible so that students traveling to classes are made aware of the closing before they leave for school. This caution and care are also taken when making the decision to change the status once the school day has begun. If weather conditions deteriorate rapidly, a decision may have to be made on short notice, though the College makes every effort to notify students in a timely manner. One decision will be made for both the Waterbury and Danbury campuses. Find out more about the college's inclement weather policy
To receive emergency and weather-related delays and closings texted to your cell phone, sign up for myCommNet Alert.
Community Resources & Support
- The United Way of Western Connecticut and the Danbury Food Collaborative have provided a useful tool to help individuals in the Greater Danbury area with information to access various agencies that provide food services, SNAP information and other supportive services.
- Suicide Prevention: Suicide Prevention and The National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Nuvance Health:
To donate PPE call 203-739-7227 this is the foundation office. If you have volunteers that are retired nurses, individuals with clinical background and or volunteers to translate please call 203-460-0289.
- Northwest Regional Workforce Board
Visit www.nrwib.org and click on jobseekers to visit employers currently looking to increase staff due to COVID-19.
- Community Action Agency: 66 North Street Salvation Army: 15 Foster street
- Facebook Page It Takes a Village COVID-19 Danbury Outreach
https://www.facebook.com/groups/142722763713100/ • KEY FOOD SAFETY MESSAGE: Since, it is believed that cooking can kill viruses, it is recommended that the high-risk population (especially under current circumstances) such as immunocompromised hosts and seniors, avoid the consumption of RAW produce. Source: https://blog.extension.uconn.edu/2020/03/26/food-safety-and-covid-19/
- Access the Danbury Food Pantry Guide https://www.uwwesternct.org/danburyfoodcollaborative
- Access the Mobile Food Pantry Schedule http://www.ctfoodbank.org
- COVID-19 Agency Needs in Northern Fairfield County https://uwwesternct.galaxydigital.com/blog/display/?blog_id=16618
- Free Financial Coaching: Alice Save and Trust Financial Partners are collaborating to offer free financial coaching online or by phone. For a free 30-minute session text Alice Saves to 646-349-5959.
- Danbury Library: NVCC students have access to the following free services:
- Free downloadable e-books, music, and movies.
- Visit: http://danburylibrary.evanced.info/signup/calendar and register for your choice of free virtual programs. Workshops include: job search strategies given by a career coach, cooking, meditation, nutrition and health, music performance, author discussions, gardening and many more.
- Free access to New York Times fiction and non-fiction best sellers, test preparation, job application and interview preparation books in print.
- Visit: http://danburylibrary.org/job-seekers for free online job databases and support services including: math and writing tutoring, resume and interview coaching, collaborative activities for class assignments, and free whiteboard for sharing.
- Call 203-797-4505 or email
Phone: 203 -437-9639
Guided Pathways Advisor 1
Guided Pathways Advisor 1
Scott J. Farrell
Assistant Director of Admissions
Room: 3rd Floor D311
190 Main Street
Danbury, CT 06810
Tammy MacBrien Downs
190 Main Street
Danbury, CT 06810
Room: Kinney Hall, Room K509
750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708