Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
What is the TEAS?
The ATI TEAS is a 170-item assessment developed to measure basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage.
How to Sign Up for the TEAS?
If you're planning to take the ATI TEAS test, you first need to create an ATI account. Visit ATI's website and click "Create an Account." You only need to register once and you will use the same account throughout your health science program. You'll need your ATI username and password to take an online test.
To Register for an ATI TEAS Test, please follow the steps outlined in the instructions above. Only Connecticut Community College Students are permitted to test at NVCC’s Testing Center. View our current ATI TEAS Test Schedule (below). NVCC offers the TEAS Test every month of the year except for February. Please check back for the schedule as new dates are added monthly. As always, the most up to date TEAS Schedule can be found on ATI's website.
Study Guide & Practice Tests
Important Information to note:
- NVCC and the other CT-CCs only offer the "TEAS for Nursing" version of the TEAS. There is no content difference between the "TEAS for Nursing" and the "TEAS for Allied Health". Students can take the "TEAS for Nursing" regardless of which program they are applying to.
- NVCC Students are not restricted to taking the TEAS at NVCC's Testing Center - students may test at any testing center as long as they send their scores to NVCC.
- Students applying to the CT-CC Nursing, Respiratory Care, or Radiologic Technology Programs can take the TEAS Test on or before February 1st of each application cycle. Scores expire after 3 years.
- Students applying to the PTA Program can take the TEAS Test on or before October 1st of each application cycle. Scores expire after 3 years.
- Proctoring fee information: The TEAS Test is currently $82 payable to ATI. There is an additional $15 proctor fee payable to NVCC. You will be required to pay the proctoring fee prior to your test session. The TEAS testing fee may be increased by ATI at any time but our NVCC Proctor fee ($15) will not be increasing; NVCC does not control whether ATI chooses to increase their prices.
- Final Cost: $82 + $15 = $97 total for each TEAS Test session.
1st Test Type Session: Online via Proctorio
Remote/Online via Proctorio tests will be offered at the times below. To register follow these instructions.
|Wednesday, January 4, 2023||9:30 AM|
|Monday, January 30, 2023||11:00 AM|
|Thursday, March 9, 2023||11:00 AM|
|Thursday, April 20, 2023||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, May 31, 2023||9:30 AM|
2nd Type of Testing Session: On Campus
Seats are limited. To register follow these instructions.
|Thursday, January 12. 2023||9:30 AM|
|Thursday, January 19, 2023||2:00 PM|
|Wednesday, January 25, 2023||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, February 1. 2023||9:30 AM|
|Wednesday, February 15, 2023||9:30 AM|
|Thursday, February 23, 2023||12:00 PM|
|Monday, March 6. 2023||9:30 AM|
|Monday, April 10, 2023||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, April 26, 2023||9:30 AM|
|Monday, May 8, 2023||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, May 17, 2023||9:30 AM|
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
If you have a documented disability and require testing accommodations, contact
To obtain accommodations, you must schedule an appointment and provide documentation that describes your disability and supports the need for these accommodations. A letter is required to be on file in the Testing Center prior to registering for a TEAS session on ATI's website. Due to staffing concerns, extended time is not offered during evening or Saturday sessions. Accommodations will only be provided to those individuals who have completed this process.
Test of Essential Academic Skills FAQs
ATI TEAS, Version 7. A four-function calculator is embedded within the exam.
- For the Nursing Program, 58.7%.
- For the Physical Therapy Assistant Program, 60.0%
The total cost is $97. Payments of $82 are made directly to ATI via their website: atitesting.com and is non-refundable. All students testing at Naugatuck Valley Community College will be charged a proctor fee of $15 for Connecticut Community College students in addition to ATI's registration fee. The proctor fee must be received by the Bursar's Office. In turn, you will have to present your receipt to a Testing Center staff member upon entrance.
Capital, Gateway, Housatonic, Northwestern, Norwalk, Three Rivers, and Naugatuck Valley.
Yes, as long as you have your scores sent to NVCC, you can test anywhere.
You can take the test as many times as you like. You must pay for each test. Payments are non-refundable.
You must bring a photo ID or you will not be allowed to take the test. Pencils and scrap paper will be provided. Calculators, food and drinks, pens and mechanical pencils are NOT PERMITTED. Also, remember to bring your username and password that you created when you registered for the test.
In case of inclement weather or hazardous driving conditions, call the testing center at (203) 575-8215. We will record an announcement on our voicemail message should testing be cancelled or postponed. You may also check the nv.edu main page for any weather related closures. Please note that any decision made to close the college supersedes any previously scheduled testing date and we at the NVCC Testing Center cannot choose to hold the test session anyway. We will always do our best to ensure that testing is rescheduled in a timely manner.
Contact NVCC's Testing Center
Testing Center Location:
Kinney Hall, Room 519e
About the Test - ATI TEAS, Version 7
|Content and Subcontent Areas||Number of Test Items||Amount of Time Allotted|
Key Ideas and Details (10%)
Craft & Structure (6%)
Integration of Knowledge & Ideas (10%)
Numbers & Algebra (12%)
Measurement & Data (11%)
Human Anatomy & Physiology (12%)
Scientific Reasoning (6%)
|English and Language Usage (22%)
Conventions of Standard English (8%)
Knowledge of Language (7%)
Language & Vocabulary (7%)