Developing the knowledge and skills to enter this in-demand career. Businesses are looking for bookkeepers everyday! Learn areas of bookkeeping such as: bank reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and much more.
Certified Bookkeepers are to bookkeeping what CPA's are to accounting; the cream of the profession. The four modules in this certificate program focus on preparing you for the AIPB Certified Bookkeeper exams by helping you master the skills and knowledge required for certification.
- Bookkeeping Practices
- Mastering Correcting and Adjusting Entries
- Mastering Depreciation and Payroll
- Mastering Inventory, Internal Controls and Fraud Prevention
An NVCC Proficiency Certificate will be awarded to students who successfully complete all four Bookkeeping modules in the program. To achieve the Certified Bookkeeper credential and designation, you must submit an application to the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) and pass their credentialing exams. This application is optional but recommended for employment.
Click on course for schedule:
- 80600 - Bookkeeping - Starts September 11th - Wtby Campus
- 80601 - Bookkeeping - Starts November 2nd - Dnby Campus
- Bookkeeping Payment Plan
U.S. Mail: Naugatuck Valley Community College Non-credit Registration-F323 750 Chase Parkway Waterbury, CT 06708
Call: 203-575-8029 today to get registered!
|Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
Bookkeeper Certificate Program
The Bookkeeper Certificate Program includes: Bookkeeping Practices, Correcting and Adjusting Entries, Depreciation/Payroll and Inventory/Internal Controls and Fraud Prevention. The schedule is designed to have you job ready in under 6 months. The four courses in this proficiency certificate program will focus on preparing the student for the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) Certified Bookkeeper exams. (99 hours)
QuickBooks Pro Introduction
This comprehensive course covers the fundamentals of using QuickBooks Pro to track the finances of a small business. Students will learn QuickBooks Pro with a hands-on approach by doing the actual accounting for a fictional company. Students will practice how to set up a new company, create databases to store information about customers and vendors, set up inventory, process invoices, work with bank accounts, process payments, enter and pay bills. Textbook and software access are included in the cost of the course. 24 hours. (This course is not part of the Bookkeeper Certificate Program.)
Prerequisite: Basic computer skills.
Degree and Certificate Credit Programs
Related Degree and Certificate Programs that may interest you.
- Accounting, A.S.
- Business Administration - Business Computer Applications, A.S.
- Business Finance, A.S.
- Business Management, A.S.
- CSCU Transfer Business Studies A.A./A.S.
- General Studies A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Finance Certificate
- Business Management Certificate
- A high school diploma or GED is strongly recommended and is required by most employers.
- Basic clerical skills are required to succeed as a bookkeeper. Microsoft Office Essentials Certificate or equivalent skills is recommended as a prerequisite.
- This course is also appropriate for the entrepreneur that wants to learn to manage bookkeeping responsibilities for their own small business.
- Students registering for the Bookkeeper Certificate Package will save $85 over the total cost of the individual courses.
- Textbooks and Educational Materials: No need to make a trip to the bookstore, all required textbooks, and materials will be provided in class and are included in the cost of the course.
- Refund Policy, Changes and Cancellations: Withdrawal and refund requests must be received three business days (72 hours) prior to the beginning of class unless stated otherwise in the course description. Refunds are not granted after this deadline. Telephone: 203-575-8029 Fax: 203-575-8243
- College closings due to inclement weather: Closings are announced over local AM/ FM radio/TV stations, on the college website (nv.edu), on the college’s main phone line (203-575-8000) and a text message is sent to everyone who is registered through the myCommNetAlert System. Likewise, in the event of an early closing, the same communication will occur. If the college has a delayed opening, all classes that begin before the delayed opening time will not be held that day and will be rescheduled at another time. Danbury and off-site cancellations: If NVCC cancels or delays classes, this applies to Waterbury and Danbury Campuses as well as all off-site locations.
- Students with Special Needs-ADA: Students who may require academic adjustments on the basis of a disability are encouraged to contact the Counselor for Students with Disabilities (Terry Latella K519C) at the Waterbury and Danbury Campuses. After providing documentation and completing the disability disclosure process, students are then encouraged to meet with their instructor(s) to discuss the adjustments approved by the appropriate disabilities contact and to complete the Adjustments Agreement form. Students are therefore encouraged to meet with the Disabilities Counselor and their instructor(s) at the beginning of each semester. Adjustments are not retroactive. Instructors, in conjunction with appropriate college personnel, will provide assistance and/or adjustments only to those students who have completed the disability disclosure and academic adjustments process.
Call us: 203-575-8029 for information (Motorcycle registrations cannot be taken by phone)
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
New Secure Fillable Format Workforce Development and Continuing Education Registration Form
Fax: 203-575-8243 (secure line)
Mail and send with payment (checks or money order made out to NVCC only) to:
Office of Non-Credit Lifelong Learning Registration
Or stop by, we're happy to assist you!
Accepted Forms of Payment:
Money Orders or Checks
Mail-in registrations credit cards or checks only, Please do not mail cash!
The Connecticut Department of Labor projects an increase of over 8,800 business and financial operations jobs from 2014 to 2024. These jobs are across all levels of educational and experiential backgrounds. There are opportunities for those entering a business or financial career and opportunities for professional growth and advancement as well