Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate Program
The MAA Full Package provides students with a schedule with all required course components. This course also includes Medical Terminology, Patient Confidentiality, Customer Service for Healthcare, Career Readiness, and Microsoft Essentials. (130 hours)
Degree and Certificate Credit Programs
Related Degree and Certificate Programs that may interest you.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Management A.S.
- CSCU Pathway Transfer: Business Studies A.A./A.S.
- Human Services/Pre-Social Work A.S.
- CSCU Pathway Transfer: Social Work Studies A.A/A.S.
- Nursing R.N. A.S.
- Physical Therapist Assistant A.S.
- Radiologic Technology A.S.
- Respiratory Care A.S.
- Business Management Certificate
- Program Requirements: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. Basic computer skills
- Plan to spend an hour on homework for every hour you are in the classroom.
- Textbooks and Educational Materials: No need to make a trip to the bookstore, all required textbooks, and materials will be provided in class and are included in the cost of the course.
- Refund Policy, Changes and Cancellations: Withdrawal and refund requests must be received three business days (72 hours) prior to the beginning of class unless stated otherwise in the course description. Refunds are not granted after this deadline. Telephone: 203-575-8029 Fax: 203-575-8243
- College closings due to inclement weather: Closings are announced over local AM/ FM radio/TV stations, on the college website (nv.edu), on the college’s main phone line (203-575-8000) and a text message is sent to everyone who is registered through the myCommNetAlert System. Likewise, in the event of an early closing, the same communication will occur. If the college has a delayed opening, all classes that begin before the delayed opening time will not be held that day and will be rescheduled at another time. Danbury and off-site cancellations: If NVCC cancels or delays classes, this applies to Waterbury and Danbury Campuses as well as all off-site locations.
- Students with Special Needs-ADA: Students who may require academic adjustments on the basis of a disability are encouraged to contact the Counselor for Students with Disabilities (Terry Latella K519C) at the Waterbury and Danbury Campuses. After providing documentation and completing the disability disclosure process, students are then encouraged to meet with their instructor(s) to discuss the adjustments approved by the appropriate disabilities contact and to complete the Adjustments Agreement form. Students are therefore encouraged to meet with the Disabilities Counselor and their instructor(s) at the beginning of each semester. Adjustments are not retroactive. Instructors, in conjunction with appropriate college personnel, will provide assistance and/or adjustments only to those students who have completed the disability disclosure and academic adjustments process.
Course Registration and Payment Plans
No formal application to the College is required for non-credit/workforce training courses.
Registrations are accepted on an ongoing basis for upcoming classes.
Call us: 203-575-8029 for information (Motorcycle registrations cannot be taken by phone)
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
New Secure Fillable Format Workforce Development and Continuing Education Registration Form
Fax: 203-575-8243 (secure line)
Mail and send with payment (checks or money order made out to NVCC only) to:
Office of Non-Credit Lifelong Learning Registration
Or stop by, we're happy to assist you!
Accepted Forms of Payment:
Money Orders or Checks
Mail-in registrations credit cards or checks only, Please do not mail cash!
Medical Administrative Assistant positions are projected by the Connecticut Department of Labor to experience an increase by over 13% through 2024. This growth is anticipated to create a demand for qualified employees. The entry level wage in Connecticut is $15.65 and the average wage is $20.67. When job hunting, check out opportunities with these position titles: Medical Receptionist, Clerical Assistant, Office Clerk, Office Assistant, Records Clerk, Medical Secretary, Patient Scheduler, Unit Clerk or Health Unit Secretary.