Skip to main content
Select Language

One Stop Enrollment Center

One Stop Enrollment Center

Want to register for classes? Request a transcript? Withdraw from a class? Apply for Graduation? The One Stop Enrollment Center can help you with these and many other services.

Important Semester Dates

Upcoming Enrollment Dates

Summer and Fall 2024 Registration Dates:

      NVCC is offering a mix of online and in-person classes. Learn more about instructional methods here.

      One Stop Enrollment Center

      Email the One Stop Enrollment Center

      P: 203-596-2177 
      F: 203-575-8085  
      Mon.-Fri.,  8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

      750 Chase Parkway
      Room: K516 
      Waterbury, CT 06708 

      Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Policy & Equivalencies

      Naugatuck Valley Community College, in alignment with state and national standards, grants academic credit on the basis of scores on the Advanced Placement Examinations (AP Exams) administered by the College Entrance Examination Board. Students who earn a score of 3 or higher receive credit for the courses for which the exams are stipulated as measures. 

      Please refer to the NVCC Equivalents for College Board Advanced Placement Exams grid for more information.

      All score reports must be submitted to the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

      State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) & Student Complaints


      Naugatuck Valley Community College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.

      The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts. The Connecticut Office of Higher Education became a member of SARA in 2017, which allows Naugatuck Valley Community College to apply to be a member of SARA. 

      Helpful forms and documents

      Forms & Documents

      Download, print, and return your form(s) to the One Stop Enrollment Center via:
      Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

      MyCTState Forms

      How to Register for Courses


      If you are not comfortable using a computer or need assistance, stop by Room K522 in Kinney Hall and someone will help you get started. If you have questions or concerns contact us at the email or number listed above.

      Academic Engagement Policy FAQs

      Students are required to participate in class in order to receive financial aid. Professors report all students who have not participated in class prior to the census date. The Financial Aid office is informed via email and financial aid is adjusted accordingly (and possibly cancelled). This will most likely result in a bill with the college. Proof of participation (for all classes) can be submitted to the Financial Aid office. If it is determined that the student is engaging in classes, financial aid will be reinstated and the hold will be removed. 

      What is the policy on Grading, Notations, and Academic Engagement?

      All students are expected to actively engage in learning. The “academic engagement” portion of the current Grading, Notations, and Academic Engagement policy requires that all twelve Connecticut State Community Colleges drop students from classes when there is no evidence of active participation.

      There are deadlines for each class by which students must demonstrate they have begun their coursework. For semester-long (15-week) classes, students have two (2) weeks, or 14 calendar days to demonstrate active participation. Instructors shall determine which students have met the engagement requirement and report this information to the Registrar’s Office through use of our student information system (Banner Self-Service). The Registrar’s Office will be responsible for dropping students for whom there was no evidence of active participation by the designated deadline.

      The Academic Engagement policy can be found here in its entirety.

      Why do the CT community colleges have this policy?

      The purpose of this policy is to identify students who have enrolled in coursework but have not demonstrated academic engagement in their courses. This practice will help the colleges report official college enrollment and meet the regulatory standard of compliance. Additionally, this practice will provide for both graduation and retention rates to be more reflective of our true student population.

      What are the federal guidelines for this policy?

      To maintain eligibility to participate in federal financial aid programs, Connecticut State Community Colleges must validate the academic engagement of each student in each registered course. This validation must be completed by the predetermined census date of each traditional semester, as well as during periods of enrollment shorter than the traditional 15-week semester (i.e. summer terms).

      Institutions are required to document the academic engagement, otherwise known as “academic attendance” or an “academically-related activity,” of a student in order to determine their eligibility to receive financial aid under Title IV. A student’s certification of attendance that is not supported by institutional documentation is not acceptable under federal regulations. The procedures used to designate adequate attendance should be applied uniformly to all students across an institution, including non-financial aid students.

      What does “academic engagement” mean?

      Academic engagement is the active learning of the specific subject matter and/or skills integral to each class. CT Community College Faculty/Instructors will determine whether students’ academic activities meet the standard of academic engagement.

      • Academic engagement includes, but is not limited to, the following:
      • Attending a class where there is opportunity for direct interaction between students and instructors (this can be physically attending a class on-campus -or- attending a scheduled/synchronous/ LRON class);
        • Note: the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) does not require institutions to be attendance taking, and institutions are not considered attendance taking for Title IV (financial aid) purposes.
      • Submitting an academic assignment;
      • Taking an exam, quiz, survey, or other assessment;
      • Engaging in an interactive tutorial or computer-assisted instruction;
      • Participating in an online discussion about academic matters;
      • Initiating contact with a faculty member to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course; or
      • Initiating contact with a faculty member to express difficulty in accessing course materials, Blackboard site, etc.
      What doesn’t meet the requirements of academic engagement?

      Not all student activities involve learning subject matter and fulfilling course requirements. The following are examples of what does NOT count as academic engagement:

      • Logging into an online course without active participation;
      • Participating in academic counseling or advising; or
      • Engaging in clubs and other student activities not directly related to coursework.
      What happens if instructors do not have evidence of student engagement by the deadline?

      Instructors must report the engagement of each student on the class roster by the established deadlines. A notation of “H” indicates active engagement. A notation of “NP” indicates “Never Participated.”

      Students without evidence of active participation are then dropped from each class where instructors have indicated lack of engagement via the “NP” notation. All tuition and fees will be dropped from the applicable courses as well. These courses will not display on student transcripts.

      Students who are dropped from class(es) are not permitted to attend those courses or access the learning management system for the applicable course(s).

      What if some classes haven’t begun by the deadline or begin just before the typical semester deadline for reporting academic engagement?

      Some courses begin significantly later than the first week of a semester. The evaluation of academic engagement must still occur for those classes. Late-start classes will have alternative deadlines, giving students ample time to demonstrate active participation in those courses.

      What does this mean for financial aid?

      An institution may disburse Title IV funds to students only if they have demonstrated attendance in their coursework. If the student does not begin attendance (even in the case of a non-attendance taking institution), a school is required to return all funds for which the student may have been erroneously disbursed within 30 days.

      For students who erroneously reported as engaged but are later determined to have not engaged, the Registrar at each college shall be responsible for communicating this change in enrollment status to the lead financial aid official at their institution. Failure to make this communication may result in the over-awarding of federal and/or state financial aid funds, which represents a significant compliance risk and threat to the continued participation in these financial aid programs.

      How will being dropped from a course(s) affect a student’s financial aid for the semester?

      Students that are dropped from course(s) due to the assignment of the NP are not eligible to receive financial aid of any kind for the affected course(s). Dropped classes also affect enrollment reporting and may impact the date at which students enter repayment on any previously borrowed student loans.

      How will being dropped from a course(s) impact a student’s Veterans educational benefits?

      Students that are dropped from course(s) cannot receive Veterans educational benefits for the dropped course(s). The Veterans Certifying Official can only sign off on courses that you are actively engaged and enrolled in. A previous certification will be adjusted to reflect active academic engagement.

      How to Request a Transcript

      You can obtain your official transcripts in an electronic format (eTranscript). Current and former students will be able to request official eTranscrips to be sent to other educational institutions, potential employers, or any other appropriate entities.

      • Having trouble with Parchment? Contact the One Stop Enrollment Center at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or visit our office in Kinney Hall, K516

      Thinking of Withdrawing from a Course?

      Know your options. Weigh the consequences. Follow the proper steps.

      Follow the Proper Steps

      A registered student wishing to withdraw from a course complete and submit a withdrawal form and have signed by a Guided Pathways or faculty advisor or the instructor.  Forms should be submitted to the One Stop Enrollment Center at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (formerly the Office of the Registrar) or brought in person to our office in Kinney Hall, Room K516.  Requests must be received by the deadline within the withdrawal period. The effective date of withdrawal is the date the withdrawal is received.

      Common reasons for withdrawing from courses and where you can turn for help:
      Reason Where to Get Help
      Illness Instructor
      Serious Illness Dean of Students
      Difficult Course(s) ACE Center
      Child Care Child Development Center
      Finances(s) Financial Aid Office
      Work Schedule Conflict Instructor or Counselor
      Too Many Courses Counselor
      Excessive Absences Instructor or Counselor
      Personal Problems Instructor or Counselor

      Weigh the consequences.

      Important information to know about NVCC’s grading system:

      Withdrawal (W) Student Initiated: Students have the right to formally leave a course or the College and the right to receive counseling and assistance in order to maintain enrollment in courses. Students are advised that course withdrawal may alter progress toward program completion. Students are strongly encouraged to discuss their decisions with their instructor, counselor or advisor.

      Incomplete (I): At the discretion of the instructor, the notation “I” may be assigned if a student, for extenuating circumstances, has not completed all course requirements. Usually, an “I” would be changed to a letter grade by the end of the next semester; however, the instructor has the option of establishing the completion date. If a grade change is not submitted to the One Stop Enrollment Center by the instructor by the end of the semester following that in which the “I” was assigned, the “I” will be converted to an “F.”

      It is important to know that courses from which you withdraw are not counted or audited as part of your academic load when full-time or part-time status is reported to the following:

        • Financial Aid Office
        • an employer
        • a health insurance carrier
        • Immigration and Naturalization Service
        • Department of Veterans Affairs.

      Follow the proper steps.

      A registered student wishing to withdraw from a course must submit a withdrawal request, in writing, to the One Stop Enrollment Center. Requests must be received by the deadline within the withdrawal period. The effective date of withdrawal is the date the withdrawal is received. Withdrawals can be made in person, by mail or online through your student account at myCommnet. Visit your instructor, academic advisor or a counselor to discuss your withdrawal from a course.

      1. Students who plan to withdraw from any courses must also report to the Financial Aid Office for counseling prior to the actual course withdrawal.
      2. Be aware of the last day to initiate your withdrawal. View the refund policy online or visit the One Stop Enrollment Center.