Information for faculty/staff:
Copiers are managed by software called PaperCut. View our Quick Start Guide to print, make copies, or scan.
With these new copiers and PaperCut, comes change. The first change is you need to login with your NetID (the same 8 numbers you use to login to a computer). Once logged in, you can do anything the copier is capable of doing – release print jobs, copy, scan to email or file location or fax. Some specific items may need to be configured e.g. scan to file location. If you need help, please submit an IT Service Desk.
Another change is retrieving print jobs. Your print job will wait for you to release it rather than being in the output tray for anyone to find/peruse/discard. You can retrieve your print job from any Canon copier on either campus, regardless of department or location. This provides a lot of versatility:
- is your office in Kinney and your class is in Ekstrom? Send a print job before you leave your office and retrieve your print job in E441
- do you travel from Waterbury to Danbury to teach?? Send a print job from your office in Waterbury and retrieve your print job in Danbury before class
- is the copier in K705 out of toner or jammed?! Retrieve your print job in K704, F301 or the ACE or any other Canon copier
Other things to note:
- the touchscreen interface on every Canon copier is the same, regardless of the model, once you know how to collate a copy job or print 1 sided to 2 sided, you know how to do it on any model Canon copier
- print jobs remain in the queue for eight hours after which they are deleted
- toner levels are monitored, new toner is ordered automatically and IT notified; no need to stock or order toner
- many printers have been removed from service – the copiers offer more functionality, are cost effective and provide multiple, redundant locations
- As with the old copiers, if you need a large amount of copies (>50) please use the copy center (S305)
If there is an issue with a copier, please submit an IT Service Desk request or call us at extension 58092. We will contact the vendor for service.