Financial Opportunities Center (FOC)
Welcome to the Financial Opportunities Center at NVCC!
The Financial Opportunity Center (FOC) at Naugatuck Valley Community College is a FREE resource for all students and offers:
- Interactive Financial Coaching
- Practical Employment Training
- Educational Opportunities to Improve Your Financial Outlook
- Navigation Assistance to Income Support Services
NVCC’s Financial Opportunity Center (FOC) funded in-part by a grant from LISC Connecticut, one of over 35 local programs of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), the nation’s largest community development support organization. Together with residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity – great places to live, work, visit, do business, and raise families.
Financial Opportunities Center Contact
Email or call to set up an appointment with an FOC coach!
Fay Godbolt, MHSA
Director, Community & Economic Development
Phone: (203) 575-8031
Financial Education and Coaching
- Asses their financial condition
- Create a basic budget
- File taxes
- Deal with immediate financial concerns
- Prevent eviction
- Plan for and build long-term financial stability
- Building financial consistency for a lifetime
Employment and Training
- Educational Training
Short term training and upgrading skills lead to immediate job placement and improved financial security.
Employment and training for career improvement involves non-credit and/or credit courses for vocational training and increased job skills.
Through the FOC, students will have opportunities to:
- Upgrade their vocational skills through short-term training
- Obtain marketable skills to secure employment that provides a living wage, health benefits and financial security
- Gain knowledge and skills to succeed in the workplace.
In collaboration with the FOC program, NVCC provides training in financial literacy, income support, healthcare access through social services, and business and personal skills development.
Additionally, through the FOC, students may complete non-credit courses, obtain certificates and pursue careers in the following fields:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Central Sterile Processing
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- Personal Training
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Security Officer
Income Support Access
Using a case management style, CED staff evaluate family supports already in place and look at what might be needed, including:
- SNAP benefits
- Other public resources
Contact the Financial Opportunities Center Today!
Take advantage of this free resource to improve your financial and professional life.
Call 203-575-8031 or email