Congratulations Class of 2023! You did it!
On behalf of CEO Dresdner, faculty and staff we commend you for your persistence and commitment to accomplishing your academic goals.
For those of you who were able to join us in person we enjoyed honoring you on this momentous occasion and we extend our sincerest congratulations to those that were unable to attend the ceremony.
Job well done! It's time to celebrate!
Check out Our Facebook Gallery and Video Coming Soon!
Congratulations Class of 2023! You did it!
Thursday, May 25, 2 pm at the Palace Theater, Waterbury
We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of our graduates in-person at the Palace Theater in downtown Waterbury.
Please see below for important information regarding the ceremony, cap and gown pickup, and tickets.
- Place: Palace Theater, 100 East Main Street, Waterbury, CT
- Graduates: Report at 12:00 pm promptly – park in the Scovill Street garage (33 Scovill Street) and use the stage door on Brook Street to enter the Palace
- Guests: 1:30 pm- seating begins inside the theater. Guests arriving at 2pm or later will have to wait until the procession has concluded before seating is allowed. Guests use only the front entrance to the theater (100 East Main Street).
- Ceremony: 2:00 pm
NOTE FOR GRADUATES: There is no place to store valuables during the ceremony (i.e. large purses, cameras, etc.), so please only bring what is necessary that will fit under your seat. Also, please wear comfortable shoes as there is standing involved.
- Graduates: Contact Sarah Gage, Dean of Student Services, 203-575-8086
- Guests: Contact Karen Blake, Commencement Coordinator, 203-575-8269
- Arrangement for deadline: Monday, May 15, 2023 (sorry, no exceptions)
Free Parking (limited)
- Graduates/Guests: Scovill Street parking garage located at 33 Scovill Street, Waterbury, CT. Note: due to limited parking availability, please see alternate parking options at www.waterburyparking.com
Cap and Gown/ Guest Ticket Pick Up Information:
All participants are required to wear the traditional black gown, mortarboard and tassel provided by the college. (A student earning an AA or AS degree with a minimum 3.4 GPA at the end of fall will receive a yellow honor cord at the cap/gown pickup. This is not applicable for certificates.)
Dates for Pickup: (Caps and gowns are NOT available for pick up on Commencement day.)
- Thursday, May 4, 2023 from 9 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday, May 5, 2023 from 9 am – 7:00 pm
Location: Room S518 - Located in the Prism Lounge Area of the Joseph Cistulli Student Center, Waterbury Campus
- Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis when you pick up your cap and gown, so plan to pick up early. You may designate a person to pick-up and sign for your cap and gown/tickets. Please provide them with your student ID# and email address for your extra ticket request.
- We will be distributing two (2) guest tickets per graduate. Graduation guest tickets are determined based on the total number of students walking at the 2022 graduation by the March 15th deadline for applications. They will be distributed when you pick up your cap/gown. A wait list will be kept for extra tickets during this time if they become available. Make sure you sign up for your extra tickets during this time. Please note: Graduates do not need a ticket. Seating at the Palace is odd/even so please do not switch tickets; they are grouped together.
- NOTE: Due to fire code regulations, a ticket is required for admission, including infants and small children. Children are not allowed in the graduation area; they must arrive with your guest(s).
If there are any problems with your graduation attire, please contact Alberta Thompson at 203-575-8229, Room S514 immediately. Do not wait until the day of the ceremony.
PTK and/or ABG info: Members of PTK and/or ABG who wish to purchase additional regalia specific to their honor society should contact their advisor below as soon as possible to place your order. These items are available only thru Professors Bage or Harding.
- ABG: Robin J. Bage
- PTK: John Harding
There will be facilities available at the Palace to robe when you arrive at 12:00pm.
Diplomas: You will receive a diploma cover as you cross the stage during the ceremony. Your actual diploma will be mailed to you within six to eight weeks. Please contact the Registrar’s Office with any questions at 203-596-2177.
Pictures: Photographs will be taken by Grad Images, a professional photographer during Commencement. They will contact you directly regarding purchasing your photos. Please do not contact the college, they will not have the information.
Flowers: Fresh flowers will be available for purchase in the lobby of the theater the day of graduation. Flowers are available for pre-order from https://www.thecommencementgroup.com/naugatuckvalley/
NOT PERMITTED INSIDE THE MAINSTAGE THEATER:
- alcoholic beverages
- smoking of any kind (including electronic cigarettes)
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the ceremony.