Skip to main content
Select Language

Application for Degree/Certificate-Seeking Veteran Student

Welcome Veterans!

We are excited you have chosen to be a part of the NVCC veteran student community. We are here to help guide you through the VA and NVCC Admissions process.

We strongly encourage you to visit with one of our Veterans’ Affairs representatives to discuss: 

  • GI Bill benefits
  • CT State Veteran Tuition Waivers
  • National Guard Tuition Waivers
  • Vocational Rehabilitation

Please note:  These steps are for full or part-time degree or certificate seeking students.  If you will not be choosing a degree or certificate program, please hit the back button and choose from "Taking a Class or Two".

Johanis Gonzalez Financial Aid Specialist I, VA Certifying Official

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
203-596-2188 (p)
203-575-8157 (f)
Room: K512
750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708

Apply for the GI Bill:

Apply for the GI Bill:

If you are a new or transfer veteran to NVCC, you are strongly encouraged to email one of our Veterans' Affairs representatives to discuss the process of applying as a veteran to NVCC.  

Please note: the GI Bill only applies to veterans who will be enrolling in a degree or approved certificate program.

Click the link below to complete the GI BILL application.
If you have any questions, please email us - we are here to help!

GI Bill Online Application

Now follow these 4 Easy Steps to Enroll

Apply to NVCC

Apply to NVCCApply and submit your supporting documents.

Complete our online application.

Along with your application, you'll need to provide the following documents:

  • Proof of High School Diploma or GED
    Please provide proof of high school completion by uploading a copy of your high school diploma, GED, or an official high school transcript with date of graduation.
  • Immunization Records
    State law requires all degree-seeking students born after 12/31/1956 to submit immunization documentation for two doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR). Those born after 12/31/1979 are required to also submit immunization documentation for two doses of Varicella (Chicken Pox). 

    Proof of Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella Immunity (NEW REQUIREMENTS)

    For students born after December 31, 1956: Connecticut State Law requires that all full-time (degree seeking and non-degree/non-matriculating) and part-time matriculating students enrolled in post-secondary schools be adequately protected against measles, mumps and rubella. Beginning August 1, 2010 all full-time and matriculating students, except those born in the continental United States prior to January 1, 1980 must provide proof of immunization against Varicella (chicken pox). Student must have two (2) doses of each vaccine administered at least one (1) month apart to insure adequate immunization.

    Download the Proof of Immunization Form.

    The following proof will be accepted:

    • a physician’s statement indicating date of vaccination
    • laboratory evidence (blood test) demonstrating immunity
    • a copy of a primary/secondary school health record showing dates of immunization(s)

  • Previous College Transcripts (Optional)
    If you have taken college level classes while in high school, you can upload a transcript from the respective college to see if your courses are eligible for credit at NVCC. Transcripts may also be used to waive placement testing and prerequisite requirements.
  • Previous Test Scores (Optional)
    If you have taken SAT’s, ACT’s and/or the GED, upload test scores to determine if you need to take the placement exam and for placement into math and English classes.

Upload all documents to the online application portal.

Apply for Financial Aid

Apply for Financial Aid

As a veteran you may also wish to apply for financial aid to determine PELL grant eligibility.

Apply for financial aid each academic year that you wish to be considered.

The FAFSA is now available as early as October 1 for the following academic year--NVCC's federal school code is 006982.

One of the most important tips for getting started is to apply for financial aid early.

IMPORTANT: All personal and contact information entered into the college application and FAFSA application must be exactly the same. If abbreviations are used they must be entered identically in both applications (examples: address abbreviations like St. or Ave., full name including Jr).


Virtual Advising & Registration

Once you have been accepted to NVCC, you will receive an email from Admissions with instructions on how to register for your virtual advising and registration session. 

At this personal advising session you will work with your advisor to build your class schedule and register for classes.


Apply Your VA Benefits to Tuition

  1. All veterans need to confirm your GI Bill or other veteran benefit eligibility with your Veteran Affairs representative.
  2. If you are a GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation recipient please complete the Enrollment Verification form.
  3. Visit the Bursar's Office (K508) to complete the VA process:
    GI Bill contact:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    Veteran and National Guard Waivers and Vocational Rehabilitation: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you've received a pell grant, please discuss your status with the Veteran Affairs representative.