Welcome to the Naugatuck Valley Community College’s collection of sound recordings with transcripts of oral history interviews conducted from 2005 to 2010. Speaking to you are NVCC administrators, faculty, emeritus faculty, and staff. This project began with the support and encouragement of former NVCC President Dr. Richard Sanders and former Library Director Dr. Sam Brown. The opportunity to contribute was open to anyone who volunteered.
Oral histories are a method of preserving the voices, personal recollections, and unique historical truths recalled by noted individuals. The sound files and their transcripts are primary sources. Minimal editing done was done only to eliminate background noise and gaps.
- Interviews Conducted and Transcribed by Liz Frechette, Librarian
- Assistant Transcriptionist: Jocelyn Miller, Librarian and retired Director of the Howard Whittemore Memorial Library, Naugatuck, CT
- Proofreader: Jaime Hammond, Librarian, current NVCC Library Director
- Sound File Preparer: Lew Boyce, Education Technology Specialist
- Accessibility Made Possible: Travis Feder, Systems Librarian
Eternal gratitude to the Voices of NVCC: Mr. Bruce Arsenault, Dr. Patricia Bouffard, Dean Joseph V. Cistulli, Ms. Donna Collette, Prof. Joseph V. Faryniarz, Prof. William H. Foster, III, Prof. Elena Rusnak, Dr. Richard Sanders, Dr. Bonnie Simon, and Ms. Jennie Seeley.