Max R. Traurig Library Research Award for Students
The Max R. Traurig Library at Naugatuck Valley Community College supports student research, and the Library wants to honor the best! Each fall, NVCC students are invited to submit an original research paper or project with the following attributes:
- The paper must be the student’s own work and must have been submitted for credit during the spring or fall semester of that calendar year.
- All sources must be cited using a standard citation format (MLA, APA, AMA, or Chicago/Turabian).
- Web resources cited must be of high quality (consider authorship, bias, currency, etc.).
- An accompanying paragraph reflecting on what you learned about research strategies and how to apply library resources and tools while working on your paper.
Library staff may be consulted for research assistance. The two (2) winning papers or projects will be awarded $500 at the college’s Honors Night ceremony each May. The winning students permit NVCC to publish their paper on its website.
A successful application must include the following:
- Your paper or project, converted to a Word document;
- A copy of the assignment;
- Your name, NVCC e-mail address, and phone number;
- The title of your paper;
- The NVCC course name and number this paper was written for;
- The name of the professor who assigned and graded your paper;
- A paragraph reflecting on what you learned about research strategies and how to apply library resources and tools while working on your paper.
Applications will be rated using this rubric.
The Evaluation Committee is comprised of 4 members of the library staff and 5 faculty members. The 2021-22 members are:
- Robyn-Jay Bage, Business
- Andrea Glidden, Library
- Jaime Hammond, Library
- John Leonetti, Library
- Tom Leszczynski, Math
- Nikki McGary, Sociology
- Kevin Ramer, Math
- Chris Rempfer, English
- Jenna Stebbins, Library