Library Research Award for Students and Faculty
The Max R. Traurig Library at Naugatuck Valley Community College supports student research, and the Library wants to honor the best! Each fall, NVCC students are invited to submit an original research paper or project with the following attributes:
- The paper must be the student’s own work and must have been submitted for credit during the spring or fall semester of that calendar year.
- All sources must be cited using a standard citation format (MLA, APA, or Chicago/Turabian).
- Web resources cited must be of high quality (consider authorship, bias, currency, etc.).
- An accompanying paragraph reflecting on what you learned about research strategies and how to apply library resources and tools while working on your paper.
Library staff may be consulted for research assistance. The winning paper or project will be awarded $200 at the college’s Honors Night ceremony each May. The professor who assigned the paper will be awarded $50. The winning student permits NVCC to publish their paper on its website.
A successful application will include the following:
- Your paper or project, converted to a Word document;
- A copy of the assignment;
- Your name, NVCC e-mail address, and phone number;
- The title of your paper;
- The NVCC course name and number this paper was written for;
- The name of the professor who assigned and graded your paper;
- A paragraph reflecting on what you learned about research strategies and how to apply library resources and tools while working on your paper.
The Evaluation Committee is comprised of 4 members of the library staff and 4 faculty members. The 2018-19 members are:
- Liz Frechette, Library
- Jaime Hammond, Library
- John Leonetti, Library
- Nikki McGary, Sociology
- Kevin Ramer, Math
- Chris Rempfer, English
- Jenna Stebbins, Library
- Kathy Taylor, Legal Assistant/Paralegal