Academic Advisor Resources
As an academic advisor, you can access all of your resources on this page.
Advising Forms after Fall 2015
- New Common Core Requirements
- Continuing & ReAdmit Student Advising Form
- Pre-Nursing Advising Form
- Pre-PTA Advising Form
- Pre-Radiology Advising Form
- Pre-Respiratory Advising Form
- 2021 Nursing Program Fact Sheet
- 2021 Nursing Info Packet
- 2022 Radiology Fact Sheet
Advising Forms prior to Fall 2015
Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Policy & Equivalencies
Naugatuck Valley Community College, in alignment with state and national standards, grants academic credit on the basis of scores on the Advanced Placement Examinations (AP Exams) administered by the College Entrance Examination Board. Students who earn a score of 3 or higher receive credit for the courses for which the exams are stipulated as measures.
Please refer to the NVCC Equivalents for College Board Advanced Placement Exams grid for more information.
All score reports must be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Faculty Advisor Tips & Tricks (2021)
- Math Placement Chart 2022
- English Placement Chart 2022
- Placement Process Chart 2022
- Academic Advising Information for Adjunct Faculty
- Advising Toolkit
- Catalog (For Students Who Enrolled Prior to Fall 2015)
- Faculty Advising Guidelines Booklet
- Placement Test Data in Self-Service Banner
- ACCUPLACER cut off scores
- CLEP Exam
- Credit By Exam Possibilities
- College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Equivalencies
- ESL Concurrent Course Listings
- English and Math Developmental Course Flow
- Engineering vs. Engineering Technology
- Choosing Science Courses by Major
- Choosing Math Courses by Major
- Reasons to take MAT*H146, Math for the Liberal Arts
- Reasons to take MAT*H143 and MAT*H144
- Course Selection Worksheet
CSU Pathway Transfer A.A./A.S. Degrees
|Transfer Tickets by Major|
|Art||Early Childhood Teacher Credential||Italian||Spanish|
|Business Administration||Exercise Science||Management||Sociology|
|Computer Science||German||Political Science|
- Learn more about Transfer Tickets at NVCC and system wide at CSCU | Transfer Navigator
- Visit myCommnet to use DegreeWorks for specific curriculum requirements.
- Visit the DegreeWorks page for more info on DegreeWorks.
- View a list of TAP Program Advisors at NVCC
- View General Education Framework and info on General Education Assessment and Curriculum design Committee (GEACC)