What We Offer
Your academic advisor will help you to:
- understand your major and its requirements.
plan courses for the upcoming term(s)
- consider career and job options for your major
- help choose a major if you are undecided
If you would like to schedule a counseling appointment, please click here to set up a time to meet with Sam Johnson, Tammy MacBrien Downs, or Terry Latella.
We will help you:
- discuss your academic issues and dilemmas
- make your life, career, and education decisions
- develop better self-confidence
manage your stress
- alleviate other personal barriers to your success in college
- find referrals to outside agencies as needed.
If you would like to speak directly with a transfer advisor, please contact Sue Houlihan.
If you are interested in transferring from NVCC to another college or university, we will help you:
- acquire information about transferring through individual counseling
consider transfer programs within the CT State College & University System
- look at transfer articulations with other colleges
- meet transfer counselors from other colleges and universities
- create a personalized pathway to earning a four-year degree.
If you would like to speak directly with someone regarding Career Planning, please contact the Center for Job Placement and College Opportunities via email or visit their webpage for more information.
Are you ready to start planning your career? You can:
- schedule an appointment for individual career counseling
- research job and salary information, career assessments, job trends and more on Career Coach.
- consider career testing with your counselor using the O*NET Interest Profiler at My Next Move or other online surveys