About NVCC's Student Food Pantry
The NVCC Food Pantry serves NVCC students who may be struggling with food insecurity. The pantry opened on NVCC's Waterbury campus in February 2018. It is funded through the NVCC Foundation, which supports the mission of the College by promoting awareness of college needs and services while raising funds to support students and mission-related initiatives.
How it Works
- The pantry operates on the honor system. Students are allowed to self-refer and are not required to provide proof of need.
- During their first visit, students will be required to show
their Student ID.
During subsequent visits, students will use the last four
digits of their banner ID’s as their Pantry ID Number.
- Need more info? Contact Angela Chapman or call the Food Pantry at 203-596-8717.
Grocery Service Information
Please note you may sign-up for each of these services once a month. Services are available through May 2021.
1) Grocery pick-up at Waterbury Campus Student Pantry (Pick-up appointment required.)
- Students currently enrolled at Naugatuck Valley Community College (Waterbury or Danbury campus) are eligible to order a grocery package for pick-up at the Waterbury campus pantry one time per month.
- Grocery appointments will be confirmed with the student within 24 hours of placing your order.
- Each student may request up to 20 items from our available inventory. If an item is not available a similar item will be substituted.
2) NEW! Home Delivery Grocery Package
For NVCC students who are not able to pick up groceries on the Waterbury Campus we now offer grocery delivery to your home.
- Students currently enrolled at Naugatuck Valley Community College (Waterbury or Danbury campus) are eligible to order a home delivery grocery package one time per month.
- The package will contain pre-selected items.
- All students will get the same package.
- Someone 18 years of age must be available to receive the groceries.
- Once approved, you will receive an email confirmation with your chosen delivery day and time.
- Approval will be based on availability.