You should receive e-mails and announcements from your professors that let you know how they will be using Blackboard and possibly other technology to teach your classes. Remember, we want you to succeed! So please reach out to your professor if you need any support. Please log into Blackboard as soon as possible to prepare for online learning. Instructions for logging into Blackboard can be found here and check out these FAQ's about online learning, including links to Blackboard training.
How to contact tech support when having difficulties online:
- Blackboard help desk- 24/7 help for students with Blackboard by calling 860-723-0221. Afternoons and nights may have longer wait times as less staff is available.
- The CSCU online helpdesk has multiple resources for you including how to reset your password, an online chat or phone support 860-723-0221
- A service ticket can be submitted to the NV Service desk by emailing them: NV-ServiceDesk@nv.edu (please note: you need to send this through your student email)
- Contact Distance Learning staff if you need more help: Carrie Horvath at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lew Boyce at Lboyce@nv.edu
Any questions about course content (deadlines, homework/quiz/assignment questions, etc.) should go directly to your professor. Search for individual faculty and staff contacts in our employee directory or in Blackboard. Please note that email will be the quickest and most efficient way to reach people at this time.
Do you need a reliable device or internet connection to take online classes?
For consideration to borrow a laptop or hotspot for fall classes please fill out this form. For information about the laptop/hotspot program please email email@example.com.
Free student-use software downloads:
- Office 365: Every active student can install a copy of Microsoft Office 365 suite (word,excel, powerpoint, etc) on up to five (5) personal computers. You will need to sign into office.com with your NetID. Instructions to access Office 365
- Creative Cloud: Adobe has provided temporary at-home access to Creative Cloud suite to students impacted by COVID-19, so that you can continue working remotely. Instructions to download Creative Cloud
Back to top