A message from Jane Gates, CSCU Interim President | Reopening June 1 Guidelines
Community College and System Office Personnel,
Memorial Day and the start of summer is just around the corner and thanks to planning by campus leaders and significant improvements in our state’s public health outlook and widespread vaccinations, we will start repopulating our campuses and system office in June. Throughout the pandemic, CSCU has demonstrated that it is a safe and low risk place to work, and, thanks to our combined efforts, that will continue to be the case. We will keep COVID-19 protocols in place, aligning our plans to those of state facilities, and continue to update you on our plans for fall 2021 as the public health guidance evolves over the summer months.
First and foremost, if you haven’t yet received a vaccine, they are safe, highly effective, free, and widely available. I received my shots, had no side effects, and now have strong protection against COVID-19 illness. It is easy and convenient. If you have not already done so, now is the time to schedule an appointment.
CSCU has been meeting regularly with representatives from the Department of Public Health (DPH) and Department of Administrative Services (DAS) to receive feedback on our planning efforts. Based on that input, effective June 1, all employees will report to the office at least 50% of their workweek (minimum of 2 days a week), observing 6 feet of social distancing, and wearing mask in all public spaces, regardless of vaccine status. Campus and system office leaders have identified if there are any offices, cubicles or common areas that should not be fully utilized at this time and will work to make alternate arrangements or schedules to accommodate staff this summer.
Rules to follow:
- Employees and students who do not feel well should stay home and seek medical attention. Please notify your campus COVID Coordinator if you test positive for the virus. The COVID Coordinator will continue to work closely with the local public health department to monitor positive cases and potential exposures on campus.
- Masks must be worn at all times EXCEPT in your office or cubicle. Masks should always be on hand and worn whenever walking in and out of buildings, moving around common areas, and to and from your work stations.
- Masks must be worn at all times by employees who work in open office spaces or areas open to public unless they are able to maintain 6 feet of physical distance from others.
- In small meetings or joint offices, employees who are all fully vaccinated can agree, by mutual consent, that wearing masks is optional in those spaces/times.
- For summer classes, CSCU classrooms will require the wearing of masks and 6 feet of physical distance to the greatest extent possible.