Find Connecticut Center for Teaching event listings in the latest NVCC CFT newsletter.
Faculty Well-Being Days - A Center for Teaching Event!
Friday, May 21 – 10 A.M. – 12 P.M.
Monday, May 24 - 4 P.M. – 6 P.M.
The event will take place online using WebEx or Zoom.
TO REGISTER: Complete this form
In order to best help their students, faculty need to make sure they're taking care of themselves.
This was a very, very challenging year for faculty. The statewide Center for Teaching is pleased to coordinate this May event focusing squarely on the faculty wellness, self-care, rejuvenation, and personal and professional fulfillment. The event will feature presentations, facilitations, breakout discussions, and guided practice sessions covering several different facets of personal and professional wellness for faculty across our colleges. Presentations and discussions are intended to be practical and immediately helpful in terms of what we can bring to our personal and professional well-being and also, directly or indirectly, to our work with our students.
Presentation and breakout session topics will include:
- Mindfulness and Self-care
- Gratitude and Fulfillment
- Energy Management
- Chair Yoga with Meditation
- Emotional Exhaustion
- Compassion Fatigue
- Mindfulness through Writing Poetry
- How We Grow as Teachers During Challenging Times
Presenters / facilitators will include:
- Sharon Gutterman, Copper Beech Institute
- Nancy La Guardia, Business, Capital Community College
- Colleen Richard, Human Services, Tunxis Community College
- Colena Sesanker, Philosophy, Gateway Community College
- Amely Cross, Chemistry, Asnuntuck Community College
- Eileen Russo, Social Sciences, Gateway Community College
- Antoinette Brim, English, Capital Community College
- Ruth Urbina-Lilback, Math, Naugatuck Valley Community College