Throughout the year, the Financial Aid Office receives information on available scholarship opportunities listed below. In addition to this page, the information is posted on the bulletin board outside of the Financial Aid Office in Kinney Hall Room K513. You can stop by our office for more information.
NVCC Foundation Scholarships Other Scholarship Opportunities
Helpful Hints for Scholarship Search
- Before you start your search, make sure you have an email account. Many scholarships will send you application information over email.
- Make sure you have basic information about yourself available to send if an organization requests a profile. Many sites will have scholarships available for global majority groups listed by group. Make sure you apply for these because they often do not have as many people applying for them.
- Save the entire essay that you create when applying for scholarships. Often these essays can be “recycled” and used for multiple applications. Often a paper from one of your classes may also be adapted to meet your scholarship application needs.
- Set aside a folder for your scholarship search. Create a list of all the scholarships you have applied for and key dates (deadlines, notification dates). The folder should also contain your basic profile and sample essays.
- Schedule time for your Internet searches during which you do not have to work on other tasks.
- There is an open writing lab that is available to help with your essay writing. Make sure you have someone proofread your essay before you send it.