You know the saying "you're never too old to learn something new?" If you believe it, then Naugatuck Valley Community College is exactly where you want to be.
Connecticut residents aged 62 and above can register for academic classes at Naugatuck Valley Community College for little or no cost.
In order to ensure the safety of our senior citizen students and our staff we have instituted the following:
Office visits will be permitted by appointment only. Please do not come to NVCC without a confirmed scheduled appointment as you will not be allowed to enter the building. It should not be necessary to come to the school to enroll with a senior waiver as all of the steps for registration can be completed remotely!
Here's what you need to know:
- You can register for a maximum of two credit bearing classes.
- Your tuition, college services and student activity fees are waived.
- Books, supplies and supplemental fees are the responsibility of the student.
- The waiver is for fall and spring semesters only. Summer and winter courses are ineligible for fee waivers.
- Continuing Education courses are not eligible for tuition and/or fee waivers.
- Application and registration must be done on the first day of classes and will be accepted on a space available basis. If you need assistance with the online application, please call 203-575-8080 or email email@example.com.
- Returning senior students who have not taken a course at NVCC for more than two years will need to readmit to the school, and can email firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate form and further instructions. A valid current address is REQUIRED for readmission and for the senior waiver.
- Returning senior students who have attended within the past two years can register online once they have provided their license or other age-confirming document to our cashier’s office. This can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Password resets for MyCommnet access to register for classes can be done at https://nv.edu/Information-For/College-Support-Services/IT
- If taking the course as an AUDIT instead of for a grade, the appropriate audit form must also be completed and presented at the time of registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate form and further instructions.
- Please be aware that seniors who REGISTER PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEMESTER (August 26 for fall 2021) will void their waiver and will need to pay tuition and all fees in full to keep their registration and attend class.
- Please also be aware that ON-GROUND classes may convert to ONLINE if the College feels it is necessary to change instructional methods at any time during the semester.
See what courses are being offered!
Search for Courses