Degree-Seeking Veteran Student Steps to Apply

Naugatuck Valley Community College is Becoming CT State Naugatuck Valley on July 1, 2023!

The CT State admissions application is now open for Fall 2023 Enrollment.

Select an application below based on how you would like to enroll:

All continuing, degree-seeking students will become CT State students as of July 1, 2023.

Application for Degree/Certificate-Seeking Veteran Student

Welcome Veterans!

We are excited you have chosen to be a part of the NVCC veteran student community. We are here to help guide you through the VA and NVCC Admissions process.

We strongly encourage you to visit with one of our Veterans’ Affairs representatives to discuss: 

  • GI Bill benefits
  • CT State Veteran Tuition Waivers
  • National Guard Tuition Waivers
  • Vocational Rehabilitation

Please note:  These steps are for full or part-time degree or certificate seeking students.  If you will not be choosing a degree or certificate program, please hit the back button and choose from "Taking a Class or Two".

    Johanis Gonzalez
    Financial Aid Specialist I, VA Certifying Official
    203-596-2188 (p)
    203-575-8157 (f)
    Room: K512
    750 Chase Parkway
    Waterbury, CT 06708


    Apply for the GI Bill:

    Apply for the GI Bill:

    If you are a new or transfer veteran to NVCC, you are strongly encouraged to email one of our Veterans' Affairs representatives to discuss the process of applying as a veteran to NVCC.  

    Please note: the GI Bill only applies to veterans who will be enrolling in a degree or approved certificate program.

    Apply Online

    Click the link below to complete the GI BILL application.
    If you have any questions, please email us - we are here to help!

    GI Bill Online Application

    Now follow these 4 Easy Steps to Enroll

    Apply to NVCC

    Apply to NVCC

    Apply and submit your supporting documents.

    Click to see more

    Along with your application, you'll need to provide the following documents:

    Proof of High School Completion or GED

    Please provide proof of high school completion by uploading a copy of your high school diploma, GED, or an official high school transcript with date of graduation.

    Immunization Records

    State law requires all degree-seeking students born after 12/31/1956 to submit immunization documentation for two doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR). Those born after 12/31/1979 are required to also submit immunization documentation for two doses of Varicella (Chicken Pox).

    More Info & Form

    Previous College Transcripts (Optional)

    If you have taken college level classes while in high school, you can upload a transcript from the respective college to see if your courses are eligible for credit at NVCC. Transcripts may also be used to waive placement testing and prerequisite requirements.

    Test Scores (Optional)

    If you have taken SAT’s, ACT’s and/or the GED, upload test scores to determine if you need to take the placement exam and for placement into math and English classes.

    Upload all documents to the online application portal.

    Apply for Financial Aid

    Apply for Financial Aid

    As a veteran you may also wish to apply for financial aid to determine PELL grant eligibility.

    Apply for financial aid each academic year that you wish to be considered.

    The FAFSA is now available as early as October 1 for the following academic year--NVCC's federal school code is 006982.

    One of the most important tips for getting started is to apply for financial aid early.

    Apply for FAFSA Types of Aid

    Steps to Financial Aid En Espanol

    IMPORTANT: All personal and contact information entered into the college application and FAFSA application must be exactly the same. If abbreviations are used they must be entered identically in both applications (examples: address abbreviations like St. or Ave., full name including Jr).


    Virtual Advising & Registration

    Once you have been accepted to NVCC, you will receive an email from Admissions with instructions on how to register for your virtual advising and registration session. 

    At this personal advising session you will work with your advisor to build your class schedule and register for classes.


    Apply Your VA Benefits to Tuition

    1. All veterans need to confirm your GI Bill or other veteran benefit eligibility with your Veteran Affairs representative.
    2. If you are a GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation recipient please complete the Enrollment Verification form.
    3. Visit the Bursar's Office (K508) to complete the VA process:
      GI Bill contact:  Jim Barrett
      Veteran and National Guard Waivers and Vocational Rehabilitation: JoAnn Hernandez-Sierra

    If you've received a pell grant, please discuss your status with the Veteran Affairs representative.

    Test Scores
    Immunization Information
    Transcript Information
    International Student Transcript Information
    Immunization Information
    Proof of English Proficiency Test Information
    Our History
    Project Approach
    The Hundred Languages of Children
    Waterbury Campus
    Danbury Campus
    Waterbury Campus
    Danbury Campus
    title here
    Net Price Calculator
    Testing Module Element