This seminar course provides instruction and hands on opportunities to build your skills in several Microsoft Office Applications. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access are among the most widely used applications in any business or work environment and the ability to integrate functions between these applications can greatly improve your productivity and help you achieve greater efficiency.
This module of the Microsoft Essentials course is an electronic spreadsheet used to store, organize, calculate and manipulate data. This module of the Microsoft Office Essentials course will improve your competency for creating worksheets, using basic formulas and functions and creating and modifying charts. These introductory skills are an asset in any job in today's industry. The collection and tracking of budget numbers and all varieties of data are essential to business success and can even be used to order our personal finances.
AWS Academy Cloud Foundations is intended for students who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support.
Course Objectives Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the AWS Cloud
- Explain the AWS pricing philosophy
- Identify the global infrastructure components of AWS
- Describe the security and compliance measures of the AWS Cloud, including AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Create a virtual private cloud (VPC) by using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- Demonstrate when to use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), AWS Lambda, and AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Differentiate between Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS), and Amazon Simple Storage Service Glacier (Amazon S3 Glacier)
- Demonstrate when to use AWS database services, including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon Aurora
- Explain the architectural principles of the AWS Cloud
- Explore key concepts related to Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch, and Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling Duration Approximately 20 hours. When delivered synchronously by an educator. Detailed timings are provided below. Actual delivery times will vary from class to class and depending on the delivery format. AWS Academy Cloud Foundations must be delivered over a period of at least two weeks.
This comprehensive course covers the fundamentals of using QuickBooks Pro to track the finances of small business. Students will learn QuickBooks Pro with a hands-on approach by doing the actual accounting for a fictional company. Students will practice how to set upa new company, create databases to store information about customers and vendors, set up inventory, process invoices, work with bank accounts, process payments, enter and pay bills. Textbook and software access are included in the course.
18 hours. (This course is not part of the Bookkeeper Certificate Program.)
Prerequisite: Basic computer skills.
This course will explore best practices for tracking finances, managing payroll, processing invoices, controlling inventory, managing sales and expenses, and maximizing the software's other features.
Requirement's for this course: Internet access and computer. Microphone and webcam needed for live audio/video training.
This course will be taught using Webex. The instructor will contact students with further instructions one to three business days prior to class.
Prerequisites: Basic Windows, keyboard and mouse skills.
Adobe Acrobat Pro can help you turn your paper forms into electronic ones that can save time. You can design a new form from scratch, convert a Microsoft Word form to a PDF, or scan a paper form and then create a new electronic form from it. This feature permits a form to be sent as an email attachment, completed by the recipient and submitted to the sender all electronically.
Bringing PowerPoint to Life
Microsoft PowerPoint has become a staple in the workplace. Knowing how to use it effectively for meetings, sales calls, and training sessions or to pitch the next big idea is what makes all the difference. Many people know how to set up a basic PowerPoint presentation, but basic presentations come off as flat and uninteresting. This session will walk you through how to bring your presentation to life by adding animations, audio, video, transitions, drawings, action buttons and links to your presentations that not only impress the audience, but are used to drive your point home.
- Learn how to add audio and video clips-and when they should be used
- Understand how animation can be used to drive home your point
- Gain tips and tricks for transitions that allow you to move through slides seamlessly
- Learn how to draw on your slides for affect
- Understand what buttons are and how to use them within the presentation
- Acquire an understanding of the proper use of hyperlink
- Connecting content with strong visuals
This module of the Microsoft Essentials course will introduce basic computer concepts and the powerful applications available in the MS Office components. Navigate the ribbons and menus, create folders and organize your files for efficient recall. You will learn how to send and receive messages in MS Outlook, attach a file to an email message, and save an attachment received in an email.
This module of the Microsoft Essentials course is an easy to use word-processing program that allows you to create many different types of documents. Get up to speed quickly in four content-packed sessions. Make your documents stand out to the reader and learn to format text using fonts, word art, bullets, hanging tabs and tables. Utilize mail merge operations to create professional letters with envelopes and labels.
This module of the Microsoft Essentials course is a presentation software program. It is a great tool for business, classrooms, and personal use. Topics include how to: create and open, save, print and deliver a presentation; work with slide layout, design and organization; import an outline to and from Microsoft Word; and work with graphic, animation and sound. Develop your skills to create a slideshow.
In this module from the Microsoft Office Essentials course you will learn how to share data and information between the Microsoft Office applications smoothly and increase your efficiency. Practice integrating Word, Excel and PowerPoint with each other. This comprehensive session will have you integrating data from a word table into an excel spreadsheet and vice versa, positioning an Excel chart in your PowerPoint presentation and using a Word outline to create PowerPoint presentation.
Microsoft Access: This interactive workshop uses hands-on instruction to teach beginner concepts and tasks using this powerful database application. Learn the purposes and benefits to Microsoft Access databases: create your own simple database: practice querying data and designing forms ans reports; as you improve your data management skills.
Prerequisite: Students need to be familiar with basic computer navigation: using the mouse, opening and closing windows.