Respiratory Care Application Process:
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted to NVCC's Admissions Office by the application period deadline.
- Apply to NVCC.
- Submit your Respiratory Care application.
Please be sure to thoroughly read the admissions requirements prior to applying. Apply to NVCC and the Respiratory Care program
Respiratory Care Admission Requirements:
PREREQUISITES: Proof of having met or exceeded the following prerequisites prior to the application deadline. Applicants who are enrolled in prerequisites during the spring semester may also apply, but will only be considered after all other eligible candidates have accepted or declined their position. If applicable, copy of high school transcript and/or official college transcripts for credits earned outside NVCC must be provided by the application period deadline:
- MATH: Minimum of having completed Intermediate Algebra (MAT 136 or MAT 137) or higher level Algebra completed within the last 5 years* with a grade of “C” or better; an Accuplacer Placement test score placing into College Algebra (MAT 172); SAT score of 570 or higher or ACT score of 22 or higher.
- BIOLOGY: BIO 105, BIO 115, BIO 121 or equivalent completed within the last 5 years* with a grade of “C” or better.
- ENGLISH: Minimum of having completed developmental English with a grade of “C” or better (ENG*H063, ENG*H096, or equivalent); or Accuplacer placement test results recommending ENG*H101; or SAT/ACT results for either Reading or Writing at or above the score for placement into ENG*H101 English Composition.
GPA: Minimum 2.5 GPA based only on the college courses that meet the Respiratory Care Admission and program curriculum requirements.
INFORMATION SESSION: Consideration for admission requires all qualified applicants to attend a mandatory program information session. In late February/early March, applicants will be contacted via their college assigned email address to schedule attendance at a session. The deadline to register for, and attendance at an information session is strictly enforced.
CLINICAL JOB SHADOW: A clinical job shadow is strongly recommended. Click here for the job shadow form. Contact the program director for more information on how to schedule a shadow.
* ”within the last five (5) years” is defined as having completed the courses in the Fall of 2016 or later.
NOTE: Applicants who are enrolled in and plan to complete prerequisites during the winter may apply. Applicants who are enrolled in and successfully complete prerequisites during the spring semester may also apply, but will only be considered after all other eligible candidates have accepted or declined their position.