Taking Public Transporation to NVCC
Using Connecticut Transit Bus Service
- Fall 2021 bus passes are not available yet. Students - please use your Student ID to ride the bus. (If the bus driver has concerns, please ask them to call their manager.) The Bursar's Office will provide an update as soon as bus passes are available. Students registered for credit courses are eligible for a bus pass through the transportation fee associated with their registration.
- Bursar's Office, located in Kinney Hall 5th Floor in Waterbury or the Administrative Offices on the Danbury campus. A valid student ID is needed to receive your NV Rides pass.
Today, a combination of rail services can bring you to Waterbury. Amtrak from points north and south connect to local service in Bridgeport, just 30 minutes away. The Metro-North commuter rail also adds frequent trips from New York's Grand Central Terminal to Bridgeport, again providing connections to Waterbury.
Metro-North departs from New York City's Grand Central Terminal and will transport you to Bridgeport, where you connect via rail or bus to Waterbury.
Take Amtrak from any major East Coast city to Bridgeport - just 30 minutes from Waterbury. Approximate travel times to Bridgeport by rail are:
- Boston, MA (3 hours)
- Providence, RI (2 hours, 15 minutes)
- New York, NY (1 hour, 10 minutes)
- Philadelphia, PA (2 hours, 45 minutes)
- Washington, D.C. (4 hours, 35 minutes)
Bradley International Airport
Prospective students and parents who are visiting the Admissions' Office should park in Lot C at Kinney Hall in spaces marked "visitor parking." This area is reserved on weekdays from 8 am until 5 pm.